(Perhaps he should not be the one to lead our country for another Four Years)
51 Rules for Leadership Excellence
How do you think Trump stacks up
against the first 20 Rules of Leadership Excellence?
1. Take responsibility; never, ever place blame elsewhere.
2. If you want to control your future, let go of the control.
3. Learn to be a strong communicator. No, this does not mean send a lot of text messages.
4. Listen, don't judge.
5. Don't make excuses; when it comes to being a respectable leader, there are none.
6. Never forget that your team - not your product, not your bank account - is your number-one asset.
7. Give your team the tools and freedom to be extraordinary. There is no better investment.
8. If you promise to do something, do it--and do it well.
9. Let your ego know that it's really smart to surround yourself with people who know more than you do.
10. To work with a coach or mentor is a sign of a successful mindset, not a weakness.
11. Consciously build a powerful company culture. Otherwise, it will build itself and you probably won't like the results.
12. If you consistently work through the night, you're doing something wrong.
13. Employee meetings are not a disruption, waste of time, or inconvenience.
14. Never enter into a 50-50 partnership.
15. Do not launch a product without doing market research that goes well beyond family and friends.
16. Before you even think about stepping into a leadership role, define and understand your values. Otherwise, you have no road map to lead yourself or others to success.
17. You are only as successful as you believe you are. Mindset is everything.
18. Don't think your idea is a great one because you believe in it and you've worked hard for it. It's only great if your customers believe it too.
19. Honesty is a code to live by; choose your words carefully.
20. If you think it's time to quit, it probably is.